Sunday, October 12, 2008

Mission accomplished

Yesterday was the day of competition, I had a tough battle with hunger before the weigh in. I was confident i'd make weight, but better safe than sorry. So fuelled on 3 eggs and a protein shake, we headed for mannum.
The night prior to this, I had been running around trying to get my new onepiece suit adjusted. I had tried it out and could not squat or move in it, so thought I better get it fixed. When I arrived I was told thats how they fit and was given some pointers on how to slip in. I could feel it taring my palmolive skin on my chickensnaps (legs) and again was informed thats the norm. I was later told it was too big and I could wear a smaller size. The blood blisters were good enough this time, so i'll pass.
Back to the weigh in and I came in at 73.3 a bit to light, but i'd dropped 5kg in 2 weeks. This still didn't help with the suit issue!
I was the only lifter in my weight class and there were only 8 in total. I was a bit surprised, as it was the state championships. Initially I was only gonna bench, but decided to do the lot. I was very conservative in my opening weights and it turned out overly so. I added 30kg to both my squat and deadlift and still had some in the tank.
The lift I came for,The bench was below par. I opened with 130, but then failed the next 2 at 140. Usually a comfortable lift. So I hit a 500kg total, which I was pleaesed with, for an off the cuff competition. That weight also qualifies me for the nationals. So I won my weight being the only contender and won the best male lifter (it's based on weight lifted per pound). A good day all round in beautiful surroundings.
It would be great to get some more lifters, to train and compete. If your interested contact me. You will be surprised at how great it is, the all or nothing rush of a maximal lift. Now I'll start some heavy duty training, to hit some big numbers next year.

Eat well and train hard

No comments: